Sunday, November 5, 2023

α7R- refinements


The α7R is getting some spare bits: flash-shoe covers, a tripod plate, an extra battery. I also found it an Ugly 28-70mm oss for poor weather and lens stabilization, at a non-Ugly price.* In good weather, it can fight with the Minolta 24-105 for sensor time.

I also loaded it up with Apps that I bought almost a year ago for the α7ii, and since I paid for them they are still available. Such things as time-lapse video, action and composite shots, a wave-your-hand shutter release (not to be confused with the big-smile shutter release!) and a couple of other 'features' that most cameras tend to have in place without extra effort/expense. But it works fine and didn't cost much the first time - so I've been treated far worse than this. But what can I do with that extra 43MB of memory? I expect the answer is: lumpit.

So this camera weighs less than the eM1, and its 50/2 is smaller than the equivalent 23/1.4 on my µ43 mainstay camera. The eM1 is replete with amazing features, so the question becomes how much I would miss those in exchange for the larger sensor, higher resolution and a bit less bulk in a few circumstances.

First off, I'll look into the shutter-shock issue that ruined nearly every review for the α7R; some users laugh about its overblown presence, while others cry and point to evidence. My turn to evaluate!


*Update - as I've seen more than once, KEH Ugly label brings me a great lens, but with no caps or hood. The sucker looks new to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment