Monday, September 30, 2024

S: starting fresh

The S5 has joined me here on the hill-top. One thing was clear from the start: the S1 would be too large for me to enjoy. That was a concern as several S1/1r features that appeal to me did not appear on the S5. To save 300g and extra bulk, I'm satisfied that the right-size camera for me is here. It's definitely larger than the a7r2, more a Pentax K5 in bulk. That was an excellent camera so that's a compliment.

The camera is mostly ready to shoot. I reset time zone and date (finally remembered to do it in that order!), connected cards and 20-60 lens and made a few quick setting adjustments that I've done for years (something between standard and vivid saturation, lower contrast, minimal NR). I added two clicks on the shutter in a dim room to check things out.

Let the S Era begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment