Saturday, January 4, 2020

silver set take II, more or less

In my distant past, only briefly, I owned my silver K-3ii and 20-40 Limited - so this is in fact take III.  

I will find very few instances where a K200d and telephoto zoom lens will be a big deal. However that isn't zero so why not chase a cheap opportunity? I bid at shopgoodwill's site for a pair of silver FA zooms, and won for about $20.



These are 2nd-generation autofocus lenses in silver to match the K200, and have aperture rings in case the micro43 cameras wish to play with them. When I saw the auction I looked into owner reviews of the lenses and found two things of note: reviews average under 7/10, and those who paid $30 or less rated them as 8 often for value, weight and decently contrasty / sharp images. Therefore at $11 apiece they should be great!

Mostly it's the 80-200mm that would see use along with my 18-50, but having the 28-90 is an added bonus; in fact I have a Sigma 28-80mm that can now be donated when I arrive to pick up the other two. I might even scrape up another lens or two to donate and make a cleaner shelf in the back room!

As of 10.Jan tests with the 80-200mm have been pretty good, but grey light and a big head-cold have limited my tests. One nice feature is its internal zoom which keeps the lens small at every part of the range.

No comments:

Post a Comment