Friday, December 30, 2022

Diverted!

 For the first time since I was born I spent a few nights in the hospital. That's 24,071 days, more or less! (Time to start a new streak..)

I went from feeling fine at 8pm on Christmas Eve to an ambulance ride at 3am. My intestines had seceded from my body, closing both paths in and out and filling up all passageways with pointy, fist-sized rocks. My tests were good, but my inability to take my prescription meds left me with high BP, a bit of discomfort - and lousy sleep without my CPAP.

My body finally responded to softening agents and the barriers were lowered. More tests will likely be ordered next week.

10Jan update: it took several days to stop retching, which checked my 2023 box about losing weight. I'm up a pound today but down 15# since Christmas - exhausting, disgusting and highly effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment