Friday, September 11, 2020

well now what's this?

 A happy surprise or two. 

The GX8 has arrived - and it isn't black. I expected a black in EX condition; this seems the right evaluation but a very shiny silvery shade of black! It's OK though, as I prefer this two-tone look, especially when the silver 20mm comes out to play; if they had labeled things right I'd have selected this copy anyway!

Here it sits with the new-to-itself Pentax 40mm XS lens. I seem to have sent off my relatively smart aperture-control adapter, but a hard rubber stop fits in the adapter and holds it at a preset opening (probably f/4ish). I've ordered another with the ap-control ring for sanity's sake.

With the 12-60mm lens it's a weather-compatible setup; with primes (including the 40) we have 8-20-40-60mm.. an adapted 90mm macro and 150mm*. That's a nice spacing.

* A Pentax 150/3.5 was just appended - did not expect that bid to hold up.

1 comment: